5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    We've had a Dell desktop that has worked fine for a couple of years. It has a wireless mouse and keyboard that connect to a unit that has two USB wires that plug into the back of the tower (one for the mouse input and one for the keyboard input). There is a "Connect" button that unit which I think has to be pressed to connect the mouse and keyboard whenever the unit is unplugged from the tower and plugged back in.

Last week, I got concerned about how much battery life was being used by the mouse. So I depressed the "Connect" button on the unit and held it down for 10 seconds, hoping that would turn off the red light that continues blinking under the mouse even when the computer is not in use. Well, it didn't stop that red light, but it caused the wireless mouse and keyboard to no longer function.

After fiddling around with that button and turning off and on the computer, I got the mouse to work again, but not the keyboard. I thought it was the keyboard's batteries that were causing the problem, but since the batteries of the mouse (which is working fine) don't cause the keyboard to work when I put them in the keyboard, I don't think the batteries are the problem. I think it had to do with my depressing "Connect" for 10 seconds, since that is when the problem started.

The problem is, I have lost the instruction manual which contains trouble-shooting and don't have the number for technical support. Does anyone know how to fix this problem or does anyone know the manual from which I can download the Dell Dimension 2350 user manual?

By the way, the keyboard specs:
    Dell by Logitech Cordless iTouch Keyboard
    P/N 867196-0403

Regards,

JMT

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    And then I Googled for the keyboard and got lots of hits. Did you try this?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_...amp;safe=images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you pressed the small Reset/Connect button on the underside of the keyboard?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='778617' date='06-Jun-2009 15:04']Have you pressed the small Reset/Connect button on the underside of the keyboard?[/quote]

I found the reset button on the bottom of the mouse but not on the bottom of the keyboard. Are you sure there is one?

I tried googling the keyboard and found lots of hits and tech support threads, but nothing that could explain how to get the keyboard to reconnect ...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jmt356' post='778784' date='08-Jun-2009 16:54']I found the reset button on the bottom of the mouse but not on the bottom of the keyboard. Are you sure there is one?[/quote]
    I don't have a wireless keyboard myself; it was just a suggestion I found when Googling.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jmt356' post='778784' date='08-Jun-2009 15:54']I found the reset button on the bottom of the mouse but not on the bottom of the keyboard. Are you sure there is one? ...[/quote]

EVERY wireless keyboard that I have ever owned has included a reset button, otherwise it wouldn't be possible to connect it.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='StuartR' post='778799' date='08-Jun-2009 17:11']EVERY wireless keyboard that I have ever owned has included a reset button, otherwise it wouldn't be possible to connect it.[/quote]
    I can't seem to find a reset button. I have read through the above linked manual, but unfortunately, it doesn't go into details for the wireless keyboard. I think this is because Dell lets you build your computer so one particular computer product number doesn't necessarily come with the Dell by Logitech Cordless iTouch Keyboard (P/N 867196-0403).

I tried searching for the manual on Google and got as far as here, but couldn't find it. Does anyone else know how I can get it?

Regards,

JMT

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='jmt356' post='779328' date='11-Jun-2009 09:28']I think this is because Dell lets you build your computer so one particular computer product number doesn't necessarily come with the Dell by Logitech Cordless iTouch Keyboard (P/N 867196-0403).[/quote]

Is there a Logictech part number available? Did you check the Logitech site? Even without the Logitech part number you can often figure out which device it is on the site.

Joe
    Joe

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I found this at another site,

Try this...
    Press the (red) connect button under the keyboard and check.
    If it does not work, check if the batteries are still good (insert them into another device).
    If yes, and if it still does not work, press the receiver Connect (or Reset) button and then the keyboard connect button.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I finally found the connect button! It's on the right hand side of the keyboard in an inlet that can hardly be seen! I pressed "connect" on the keyboard, receiver, and mouse simultaneously for 10 seconds and got it working again.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='jmt356' post='782420' date='30-Jun-2009 07:40']I finally found the connect button! It's on the right hand side of the keyboard in an inlet that can hardly be seen! I pressed "connect" on the keyboard, receiver, and mouse simultaneously for 10 seconds and got it working again.[/quote]

Glad you found it and got it working. Thanks for posting back.

Joe
    Joe