New Lounger
    Thanks
    Word 2003

How can I permanently change the default settings so that each time I open a new "blank document" it has the margins I want and uses the font I want? I don't want a special template, I want the "blank document" to be the way I want it, not MS. And where does MS hide the blank template?

frustrated as usual with MS products....

lola

Thanks
    [quote name='lola' post='778725' date='07-Jun-2009 23:23']Word 2003

How can I permanently change the default settings so that each time I open a new "blank document" it has the margins I want and uses the font I want? I don't want a special template, I want the "blank document" to be the way I want it, not MS. And where does MS hide the blank template?

frustrated as usual with MS products....

lola[/quote]
    Welcome to the Lounge.

The new blank document is the so called Normal template. MS has instructions here

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/wo...210281033.aspx

for how to change that in Word 2003 to suit all your requirements. Once you have saved the normal template with your idea of the appropriate margins, fonts, paper size and whatever else, the new blank document should come out like that every time.

Hope that helps. Let us know how you get on and come back and ask more if you need to.

Ian