Thread: ViGlance

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    I've become quite attached to this lightweight freebie already - Lee-Soft - ViGlance: Windows 7 SuperBar for XP. Want Windows 7's iconized taskbar in XP or Vista? ViGlance pulls it off in just under 200Kb. It also swaps the start button for the orb (on XP, of course) and does program grouping and pop-up window lists.

Alan

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='AlanMiller' post='778761' date='08-Jun-2009 08:04']I've become quite attached to this lightweight freebie already ...[/quote]
    I've downloaded a copy so I can give it a look-see. His promotional video is so hyper that I got a slight headache watching it.

Is this similar in function to Vista Start Menu such that you can exit the thing if you want to and immediately return to the previous XP look and feel? (in other words, do you have to UN-INSTALL it to "quit" ???)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='778764' date='08-Jun-2009 22:24']Is this similar in function to Vista Start Menu such that you can exit the thing if you want to and immediately return to the previous XP look and feel? (in other words, do you have to UN-INSTALL it to "quit" ???)[/quote]
    It displays an icon in the tray and will terminate with a Right-click -> Exit. It has no configuration to autostart, so I just put a shortcut in my Startup folder.

Alan

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='AlanMiller' post='778765' date='08-Jun-2009 08:33']It displays an icon in the tray and will terminate with a Right-click -> Exit. It has no configuration to autostart, so I just put a shortcut in my Startup folder.[/quote]
    Thanks Alan! I looked all around on his site for "installation" or "removal (exit)" details and could only find the changelog and was about to look through his forum when I saw your post here.

I may give it a run tonight.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='AlanMiller' post='778765' date='08-Jun-2009 08:33']... It has no configuration ...[/quote]
    As far as I can tell, there is no configuration, period. I haven't yet browsed his forum but I will.

A few things I don't like already, none major, but... I have to click TWICE on an icon on the task bar to switch to that app and I don't know if there's a way to change that. I've been a "single-clicker" ever since Windows first introduced it.

My little utility that you put me onto, Taskbar Shuffle, doesn't want to work.

And here's an annoyance. This residue or whatever it's called, is at the bottom of a Lounge page when my taskbar hides itself. It doesn't always happen but frequently enough that it's bothersome. As soon as I render some other screen it goes away. I'll keep playing with it but if you (or anyone) have any tips...

[attachment=84194:2009_06_09_102037.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='778970' date='10-Jun-2009 00:39']As far as I can tell, there is no configuration, period.[/quote]
    I'm sure you're right about that. I too have just unearthed some problems. Just installed IE8 last night and it won't appear AT ALL on the taskbar! This is a bummer, along with it apparently not playing nice with taskbar shuffle (and maybe others).

A pity, since it struck me as otherwise a nice little enhancement. Such is software

Alan