Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Outlook 2007

Appointments are enclosed by a rectangle with rounded edges in Day and Week view.

Some of these appointments have a small protrusion in the top left corner. I can't work out what this signifies nor can I find anything in the help. If anyone knows I'd appreciate understanding these two types of appointments.

-----------------

Another annoyance is that it doesn't seem possible to display the days of the week in two columns like Outlook 2000. Is there a solution for this?

Thanks,

David

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='daverap' post='778770' date='08-Jun-2009 15:05']Another annoyance is that it doesn't seem possible to display the days of the week in two columns like Outlook 2000. Is there a solution for this?[/quote]
    I'm afraid not. The new option to overlay calendars in Outlook 2007 didn't play nicely with the two-column weekly format, so that format was removed.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='daverap' post='778770' date='08-Jun-2009 07:05']Outlook 2007. Some...appointments have a small protrusion in the top left corner. I can't work out what this signifies nor can I find anything in the help.[/quote]
    Are these appointments a mismatch to the Calendar time grid - for example you use 15 minute intervals and these start or end on the 5th, 10th, 20th, 25th, etc. minute, etc? If that isn't it please post a graphic showing the view of a couple of appointments (censored if necessary by editing out personal or business information you do not want seen).
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for responding.

See the attached pic. I put a red box round "Accountant" so that you can see what I mean.

I did a quick experiment and it seems that when I drag an e-mail to the Calendar tab to create an appt then it gets the hook. But that is not true of all the appts.

And even if it appears after being dragged from the Inbox to the Calendar, what does it mean?

Thanks again for any thoughts,

David
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Check out JohnBF's suggestion: the time interval in your calendar is 1 hour.
    Perhaps the appointments you mean have a duration of less than 1 hour.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='daverap' post='779069' date='10-Jun-2009 18:33']Thanks for responding.

See the attached pic. I put a red box round "Accountant" so that you can see what I mean.

I did a quick experiment and it seems that when I drag an e-mail to the Calendar tab to create an appt then it gets the hook. But that is not true of all the appts.

And even if it appears after being dragged from the Inbox to the Calendar, what does it mean?

Thanks again for any thoughts,

David[/quote]

You dragged and dropped: is it possible that it signifies linked fields? (You can also have appointments in OneNote.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='peterg' post='779216' date='11-Jun-2009 00:36']You dragged and dropped: is it possible that it signifies linked fields?[/quote]

Nope, no linked fields. And most of the appointments are for a default hour.

I noticed that if I dragged a "hooked" appointment to extend the time and then restored it to its original time then the hook disappeared.

I thought maybe this is a well known thing but if not I'll just move on. It doesn't seem to affect anything like reminders.

Thanks all for writing.

David

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I seem to have worked it out. If an appointment is less than an hour but it "takes up" an hour in the interface, i.e., in order to display the text it takes up the same space as an hour long appointment, then it has a hook in the top left to indicate that it is less than an hour.

Of course, it only indicates that if you know what it means...

[quote name='daverap' post='779293' date='11-Jun-2009 13:20']Nope, no linked fields. And most of the appointments are for a default hour.

I noticed that if I dragged a "hooked" appointment to extend the time and then restored it to its original time then the hook disappeared.

I thought maybe this is a well known thing but if not I'll just move on. It doesn't seem to affect anything like reminders.

Thanks all for writing.

David[/quote]

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='daverap' post='779293' date='11-Jun-2009 13:20']Nope, no linked fields. And most of the appointments are for a default hour.

Thanks all for writing.

David[/quote]

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    And the size of the hook is proportionate to the length of the appointment. The longer the appointment the larger the hook.

And it's also dependent on the way your calendar is displayed. For me each displayed period of time is 60 minutes so appointments less than 60 mins have a hook. If the display is in segments of 30 minutes then "hooked" appointments are those shorter than 30 mins.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    That's what JohnBF and I tried to suggest higher up in this thread. Glad you've been able to work it out yourself.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I seem to have missed JohnBF's comment.

At least I can add to the discussion by noting that the size of the hook denotes the length of the sub-hour appointment.

Thanks for all your comments in this thread.

[quote name='HansV' post='782550' date='01-Jul-2009 11:19']That's what JohnBF and I tried to suggest higher up in this thread. Glad you've been able to work it out yourself.[/quote]