New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a regular need to import a batch of tiff graphic files into a document produced using MS Word. The files are all black and white images showing chemical reaction schemes that are produced at 1200 dpi. The Word document is then uploaded to a web site and will eventually be printed out. There are sometimes 30 of these and the file sizes vary from 300 KB to 2 MB. All of the images to be imported need to be the same width (in pixels, inches or cm). They also need to be imported into the Word document as LZW compressed tiff files.

I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 to transform the original tiff file in the following steps

1. Reduce the image size to constant width while keeping original height and width proportions
    2. Save the reduced image as LZW compressed tiff file without reducing the image resolution i.e. keep at 1200 dpi

The files are then imported in a specific order into the MSWord document at the end of all the text in the document. The Word file is then ready for uploading.,

Although there is an option for batch processing of files in PSE 7 the option to save the files as LZW compressed tiff files is not possible. It is also not possible to save the batch of files at greater than 600 dpi so some detail is going to be lost from the original 1200 dpi images.

I also do not seem to be able to import the whole batch of images into the Word file. They have to be inseretd one by one. This request may be complicated but it looks to be a prime candidate for a batch file.

Can anyone suggest a batch file that could carry out the above process and save me a lot of repetitive mind-numbing actions? There are a certainly a couple of beers available for solving this?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keithchemist' post='778783 View Post
    I also do not seem to be able to import the whole batch of images into the Word file. They have to be inseretd one by one. This request may be complicated but it looks to be a prime candidate for a batch file.
    There have been macros (Word VBA procedures) posted over the years to grab all of the images in a folder and insert them into a Word document. That code probably could be adapted, although it might have to be handled as a separate, manually-fired process rather than commencing automatically when the images are all created.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='778867' date='08-Jun-2009 23:00']There may be other software that can handle this, including perhaps "the Gimp" or Irfanview or ImaqeMagick. Perhaps others will be able to test those products.

There have been macros (Word VBA procedures) posted over the years to grab all of the images in a folder and insert them into a Word document. That code probably could be adapted, although it might have to be handled as a separate, manually-fired process rather than commencing automatically when the images are all created.[/quote]

Thanks for ther suggestions. I don't know enough about the image packages to know if they would work on a batch of files. The import into Word should be simple and as you suggest I may have to use two steps to complete the task I set myself.