3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Smile

We just installed Office 2007 last week and I DO NOT LIKE THE NEW RIBBON. I am a keyboard oriented person and am not willing to pay the money for a 3rd party tool to get my Office 2003 shortcuts back. I had assigned the old 'Text filter' to the keyboard 'menu' key. I can't figure out how to customize my shortcuts. See attached picture. Also, my F4 key doesn't 'dropdown' menus anymore. HELP! I'm wasting time trying to figure this stuff out! [attachment=84175:RCpic20090608.JPG][attachment=84176:AccessTy...20090608.JPG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='79schultz' post='778787' date='08-Jun-2009 09:04']We just installed Office 2007 last week and I DO NOT LIKE THE NEW RIBBON. ...[/quote]
    Well, if it is any consolation, you aren't alone. The Access 2007 User Interface design broke a number of things for users. The list includes custom menus, custom toolbars, shortcut toolbars, and several other things. A resonably comprehensive list of the good, the bad and the ugly can be found at Allen Browne's website. Another resource for figuring out where things went to on the menu system is Access Freak - their tutorials show where things have gone to, and a third site that you might find useful is Access Junkie. In your case, you might find that purchasing the addin for 2007 that restores the 2000/2/3 menus is a less expensive approach than hiring someone to fix the things that are broken, or doing training to bring yourself up to speed enough to fix it. Or you could consider reverting to 2003 - but that may not be an option for you.
    Wendell

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='WendellB' post='778846' date='08-Jun-2009 15:16']Well, if it is any consolation, you aren't alone. The Access 2007 User Interface design broke a number of things for users. The list includes custom menus, custom toolbars, shortcut toolbars, and several other things. A resonably comprehensive list of the good, the bad and the ugly can be found at Allen Browne's website. Another resource for figuring out where things went to on the menu system is Access Freak - their tutorials show where things have gone to, and a third site that you might find useful is Access Junkie. In your case, you might find that purchasing the addin for 2007 that restores the 2000/2/3 menus is a less expensive approach than hiring someone to fix the things that are broken, or doing training to bring yourself up to speed enough to fix it. Or you could consider reverting to 2003 - but that may not be an option for you.[/quote]

Thanks for the consolation. I was afraid of that, but was very much hoping someone with more expertise than me would have a better answer.