5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

In the last few months, when my wife was working on a spreadsheet and needed to save it, her mouse stopped working - the cursor just disappeared. Only seems to happen in Excel. So I am wondering two things:

1. What could cause this?

2. Is there a manual way to save the spreadsheet (e.g., CTRL-S) so that none of the new data gets lost.

Any insight that anyone can provide is greatly appreciated by both me and my wife. Thanks.

Ron M

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I have no idea why the mouse would work in other applications but not in Excel.

You can still use keyboard shortcuts: Alt+F to activate the file menu, then arrow keys to move to other menus and to menu items, Enter to confirm a choice.

And Ctrl+S to save a workbook, Ctrl+O to open a workbook, Ctrl+P to print, etc.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hans, the mouse actually works in Excel, at first...but as my wife goes along, at some point the cursor disappears and the mouse doesn't work (go figure). Thanks for the insight into the non mouse key board things to do. They will come in handy if this happens again.

Ron M

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Does your wife's PC have the latest driver for the mouse?
    Does it have sufficient memory?

Here's a list of keyboard shortcuts for Excel: Keyboard shortcuts.