New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a Dell desktop XPS. I made the mistake of downloading and installing Internet Explorer 8 and it has messed up my computer's performance. The basic framework and colors now seems to be Vista instead of Windows classic which I had with IE 7. The old menu bar and command bar are now overlaid with black areas which are unreadable.

I would like to uninstall IE 8 and return to my old relaiable IE 7 but do not know how to do it.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

Generally, IE8 appears to be working well, I haven't encountered a serious problem with it on my home PC or on several PCs at work. I doubt that the problems that you describe are caused by IE8. But if you want to uninstall it, you should be able to do so from the Programs control panel - activate Installed Programs and look for Windows Internet Explorer 8. When you uninstall it, you'll revert to Internet Explorer 7 automatically.

Thanks
    [quote name='jnj3568' post='778875' date='08-Jun-2009 18:30']I would like to uninstall IE 8 and return to my old relaiable IE 7 but do not know how to do it.[/quote]
    There are two (and sometimes 3) different methods of removing IE8, depending on your operating system. Have a look here.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    [quote name='jnj3568' post='778875' date='08-Jun-2009 17:30']I have a Dell desktop XPS. I made the mistake of downloading and installing Internet Explorer 8 and it has messed up my computer's performance. The basic framework and colors now seems to be Vista instead of Windows classic which I had with IE 7. The old menu bar and command bar are now overlaid with black areas which are unreadable.

I would like to uninstall IE 8 and return to my old relaiable IE 7 but do not know how to do it.[/quote]

Unless you've already uninstalled IE8, you'd be better off try to solve the "performance" issues. You described a user interface problem that would be easier to diagnose if you could post a picture of it.

Do you have a specific performance issue? On XP machines that I've observed there is no discernable performance degradation and in most cases there is a performance improvement,

Joe
    Joe