2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am developing a club membership database (yet another one) and am transferring between my desktop, with reasonable sized monitor, to my laptop which only has a very small screen (10"), and I am getting frustrated with having to use the scroll bars.

In MS Word and Excel we have the ability to zoom in and out of a document or spreadsheet by specifying percentage zoom or using the zoom slider.

Is there a tool or add-in, or hidden setting that would allow me to achieve the same thing in Access?

Thanks in advance
    Zinger

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    There's no built-in support for that (at least not in earlier versions, I don't have Access 2007 myself). But there's a free add-in Form Resizer.

Added: I prefer to develop forms for the lowest resolution that I have to support. It used to be 800x600, but by now it is 1024x768.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Zinger,

Is it practical to run Access apps on a10" notebook?
    Is the performance reasonable?
    Is the display visually readable?
    Thanks for your feedback in advance.

Armstrong

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It's not that I'm running it from the laptop, but am using it for ongoing development where performance isn't an issue, when away from my desktop .

I just keep plugging away at it in my spare time.

I am developing it for use on 19" screen with 1024x768 resolution, but the forms and reports, on the laptop, require using the vertical and horizontal scroll bars more than I care to.

It's not that I want to automatically resize a form to fit the current screen size, but to be able to entirely resize all Access panes/windows/etc. I liken it to changing a picture from 100% to say 60% so that all of it fits on the screen at one time, but still be able to manipulate it at that reduced size.

The more I think about it, the less confident I am that I'll be able to do it, so either will persevere with scroll bars or only develop on the desktop.

Thanks for your interest.
    Zinger