Lounger
    Thanks
    Greetings!
    Has anyone seen this behavior before?
    I open my DOC file sent to me via email.
    I activate the Track Change function and set my options to track by author. User information is set correctly to my initials.
    I make some changes and save & close the document.
    I open the doc again to make additional changes... and suddenly I'm in a new color - as if my user information changed [but didn't].
    I click to save the document and am prompted to Save As like it's a new file [but isn't].
    Post-save... all changes are now the same color with "Author" as the user name... not my initials.

Do you have any thoughts on [what I believe to be] this document corruption? What could be causing this?
    I don't really need a "fix," as I've been inserting the doc contents into a brand new file. But I need to be able to explain to my users!!
    Thanks for your time,
    Melanie

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Click the Office button, select Prepare, then Inspect Document. I suspect that one or more of the inspectors have been set to automatically remove information from the document.

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='779126' date='10-Jun-2009 11:49']Click the Office button, select Prepare, then Inspect Document. I suspect that one or more of the inspectors have been set to automatically remove information from the document.[/quote]

I'm able to navigate to the Inspectors, but I cannot change the settings. I can only change what is inspected. I don't see any option for automatically removing personal information.

Editing... for an update:
    Word Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings... found the option to remove personal info on Save.
    Uncheck that option and I appear to be back in business.

Does anybody have suggestions for how to make this change via code? My users aren't going to want to navigate all of those steps when then run into this issue.

Thanks again,
    Melanie

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't have Word 2007 myself, and it was very different in earlier versions, so I can't help. I hope that someone else will jump in.

Thanks
    [quote name='MMMorrow' post='779421' date='11-Jun-2009 13:52']Word Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings... found the option to remove personal info on Save.
    Uncheck that option and I appear to be back in business.

Does anybody have suggestions for how to make this change via code?[/quote]
    There's a reasonable chance this is toggled using the same property as Word 2003. Try this in the Immediate window of the VBE to see whether it returns False for your current configuration (or an error):

Code:
    ?ActiveDocument.RemovePersonalInformation

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='779476' date='12-Jun-2009 01:14']There's a reasonable chance this is toggled using the same property as Word 2003. Try this in the Immediate window of the VBE to see whether it returns False for your current configuration (or an error):

Code:
    ?ActiveDocument.RemovePersonalInformation
    [/quote]

PERFECT! It is the same property. I didn't realize it would be so easy!
    So I created a quick if statement to check...
    if false, end...else, make it false.

Thank you so much!
    Melanie