Lounger
    Thanks

Arrow

I use Excel 2003 and need some help in getting data from one spreadsheet to another. I know how to use a VLOOKUP, but there are a few more variables in the spreadsheet that I am transferring data from. I have attached the spreadsheet that contain the data and the one where I want to data to be. Any help with a formula would be greatly appreciated.

What I am having issues with is that I can not use a VLOOKUP because the Veterinary Practice is listed multiple times.

Thanks!!
    R
    Attached Files Attached Files

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Richenda' post='779115' date='10-Jun-2009 11:16']I use Excel 2003 and need some help in getting data from one spreadsheet to another. I know how to use a VLOOKUP, but there are a few more variables in the spreadsheet that I am transferring data from. I have attached the spreadsheet that contain the data and the one where I want to data to be. Any help with a formula would be greatly appreciated.

What I am having issues with is that I can not use a VLOOKUP because the Veterinary Practice is listed multiple times.

Thanks!!
    R[/quote]
    With the information that you have provided, I wonder why you don't just copy the data and paste Special the values.
    Regards
    Don

Lounger
    Thanks
    If you look at the tab titled 2007 Data - that is the one that I am having issues with. Plus to copy paste special values would take me at least a week. I have a lot more data for this than what I sent in the attachments.

Thanks
    R

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Could you tell us in detail what problems you have, instead of a general statement that you have issues?

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='779135' date='10-Jun-2009 11:19']Could you tell us in detail what problems you have, instead of a general statement that you have issues?[/quote]
    Sure - In the 2007 file, 2007 Data tab, I need to get all of those Veterinary Practices into the Data request file, so I need Duke Animal Clinic in cell B7 in the data request file. I only need them once. Then I need JAN07 For Sale number from 2007 file, 2007Data tab into H7 in the data request file. Then I need FEB07 For Sale number from the 2007 file, 2007 Data tab into I7 in the data request file and so on. So what type of formula can I use to get this info moved without having duplicate rows for a veterinary practice? I need the month and the type of product (For sale, OCVI, Coggins, etc) and a vlookup, as I know how to do them, will not work since the month is down the side and the products are across the top.

Thanks!
    R

Thanks
    How about copy and pasting values from a pivot table (like in the attached sheet)?

Note to get the pivot table to work, XL requires all the header columns to have a value...

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='sdckapr' post='779161' date='10-Jun-2009 12:48']How about copy and pasting values from a pivot table (like in the attached sheet)?

Note to get the pivot table to work, XL requires all the header columns to have a value...

Steve[/quote]
    OMG - that just might work!! I have to tackle a couple of other things yet today, so I will give this a try tomorrow!

Thank you for your help!!!! I can't wait to try it out!
    R