2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Arrow

According to Microsoft, In PowerPoint, you can set the formatting of one drawing object and make those formatting properties the default for all other objects you add.

I have a .pot file that I am tweaking for a client. For whatever reason the default text in all the autoshapes and the text boxes is set to bulleted text. In the .pot file (template) I have adjusted the text format to eliminate the bullet formatting (Format|Bullet & Numbering|None), adjusted the tab stops, and made the text centered. In the Format Text dialog box, Colors & Lines tab, I have checked the Default for New Objects box.

I have saved the .pot file and closed it. When I base a new presentation on this modified .pot (or if I even open the .pot again), the autoshapes and text boxes I create still contain bulleted text as the default.

HELP, how do I get the new defaults to stick?

Thanks in advance,
    Georgette

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [attachment=84246:Creating...aults_02.doc]Had some time to troubleshoot this and found a solution. See attached directions!
    gg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for sharing the solution!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='779378' date='11-Jun-2009 15:59']Thanks for sharing the solution![/quote]

Nice to be able to "give back" for a change!
    gg