5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a membership database with two tables in a one-to-many relationship. Table tblContacts contains ID, Name, Address, etc. Table tblContributions contains ID, Contribution, Date of Contrib. We just had a fundraiser and the data was sent to me in an Excel worksheet containing Name, Address, Contribution, DateReceived, etc. I imported the worksheet into tblHRC4.
    This table contains two types of contributors: existing and new. I can find the new contributors by using a Find Unmatched query on tblHRC4 and tblContacts. Now I have two tasks.

Task 1. Append the new contributors to both tables tblContacts and tblContributions. I am familiar with Append queries but I'm not sure how to append to two linked tables.
    Task 2. Append the existing contributors data only to tblContributions.

I have backed up all tables and am ready to try your suggestions.
    Thanks,
    HH

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    It's easiest if the ID in the tblContacts table is an AutoNumber field.

Task 1, first part:
    a. Create and run an append query that adds the name and address info of the new contributors (from the Find Unmatched query) to tblContacts.

Task 1, second part and task 2:
    b. Create a query based on tblContacts and tblHRC4, joined on one or more fields that uniquely identify the contributors, for example the name.
    c. Add the ID field from tblContacts and the contribution info from tblHRC4 to the query grid.
    d. Change it to an append query with tblContributions as target.
    e. Set the Append to line correctly.
    f. Run the new append query.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Hans. The first part (a) went fine. All my new contributors are now in tblContacts. However, the query in ( is a little tricky. I may have to do it in two separate queries. I'll holler if I need more help.
    HH