New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been editing a template in Word (Word 2003 SP3), and have been tracking my changes. Initially my tracked changes were displaying in colour, and when I hovered over the changes my name was displayed. However, before I had done a ctrl+S and while I was still tracking changes, the tracked changes changed colour to a light grey and when hovering over the changes they now display "Unknown".

I have checked in Tools, Options, Security that the field "Remove personal information from file properties on save" is unticked, and it is.

I've also checked my User Information details in Word and this clearly displays my name.

Has anyone seen this happen in Word before??

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

You posted this question in the Access forum but since it's clearly about Word, I have moved it to the Word forum.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I haven't seen it happen, but there are some reports of this problem in the newsgroups (though mainly for the Macintosh version of Word).

You might work through the steps in Phil Rabichow's Systematic Approach to behavioral Problems in Word

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Oh dear, you can tell straight away I'm a newbie!!!

Thank you very much for your response Hans, much appreciated.