2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi everyone,

I've given my users a template, but many of them are confused by it (don't ask). The managers are asking if we can provide some kind of pop-up instructions (I'm thinking something like a Tooltip) to make it even clearer how to use this thing. To make it more challenging, they want these popups to be attached to regular text and/or table cells. I can't think of any way to do this. Does anyone have any ideas they'd like to share?

Thanks in advance,

Beej

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Word doesn't really have such a feature, but you could insert comments with instructions. Depending on the users' settings in the Track Changes tab of Tools | Options..., they will see the comments as balloons in the margin of the page, or they can in the Reviewing pane at the bottom of the document window.

Another option would be to create a custom toolbar button in the template that displays a message box with instructions, or if you're more ambitious, a userform with labels containing instructions. The userform could be made modeless, which means that users can keep on editing the document while the userform is visible.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hans, thanks as always for the response. And I'm sorry I didn't even look far enough down the first screen to see someone else had posted a very similar question 3 days ago!!