New Lounger
    Thanks
    A long, long time ago I read something REALLY useful in Woody's Office email. It was a way to move a block of writing to a new place by using some shortcut keys and then simply dragging it. I wish I could remember it or find where I carefully stored it. Can anyone help me please?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

You can always drag selected text to another location within the document using the mouse.

But perhaps you mean the following:

- Select some text, either with the mouse or using the keyboard.
    - Press F2.
    - Place the insertion point where you want to move the selected text.
    - Press Enter.
    - If you have second thoughts, press Esc instead of pressing Enter.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Could you be thinking of the Spike? It's an extended clipboard feature that lets you cut multiple items (even items that aren't contiguous) and paste them in one location as a group. I've never actually used it, but I remember hearing and reading about it a while ago. The way it works is:

Select some text that you want to move and press Ctrl F3.

Select some additional text that you want to move and press Ctrl F3. And so on. (I don't know how much the Spike can hold.)

Then position the cursor where you want to insert the text you've cut, and press Ctrl Shift F3. That keystroke also empties the Spike, although I believe there's a way to paste the contents without actually emptying the Spike so that you can paste repeatedly.

Of course, this feature doesn't appear to involve dragging, so it might not be the one you have in mind. Let us know.

Jan

Author, "Formatting Legal Documents With Microsoft Office Word 2007"

For Word and WordPerfect tips, also see my blog at http://compusavvy.wordpress.com
    Author, Formatting Legal Documents With Microsoft Word 2016,
    Formatting Legal Documents With Microsoft Word 2010​,
    and Formatting Legal Documents With Microsoft Office Word 2007

For Word and WordPerfect tips, visit my blog at http://compusavvy.wordpress.com

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Oh wow, that was quick! Thank you. I think the first suggestion is the one I'm thinking of. It sounds familiar. It will work much better for me than just dragging with the mouse. (Especially as I don't use one). The second idea also sounds quite workable. I shall try them both, asap. Many thanks to both Hans and Jan.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried them both and they're both great! Thank you so much! It's great for multiple lists.