4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi

I am trying to add a new table in our template (slightly different from the original that came with WORD 2003 (e.g. shading the header row, header row repeated on each page, header row - keep with next, etc).

Creating a table is fine - or at least I thought as much. The users are complaining that the default table added has the 'Automatically resize to fit contents' set. Unfortunately, when creating this new table type the option is actually unchecked by default - word doesn't allow me to change that when creating the table. see attached screenshot.

Any idea how to set up a table that when used in a document *does not* 'automatically resize to fit contents'? It always defaults to ''automatically resize to fit contents' :-(
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks.
    Robie

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    According to Microsoft, the "Automatically resize to fit contents" check box is selected by default for all new tables.

You could create an AutoText entry consisting of a properly formatted table with "Automatically resize etc." turned off, but of course this is less flexible than a table style since the table has a fixed size.

You might also create a macro that sets the AutoFitBehavior of a table to wdAutoFitFixed.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='779521' date='12-Jun-2009 13:05']According to Microsoft, the "Automatically resize to fit contents" check box is selected by default for all new tables.

You could create an AutoText entry consisting of a properly formatted table with "Automatically resize etc." turned off, but of course this is less flexible than a table style since the table has a fixed size.

You might also create a macro that sets the AutoFitBehavior of a table to wdAutoFitFixed.[/quote]

You might also create a macro that sets the AutoFitBehavior of a table to wdAutoFitFixed.

Interesting! Do you mean it resets for all tables in the document when document is opened or somehow updating the table settings for a partcular table type in a template? I am sure you understand what I am asking.
    Thanks.
    Robie

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    It's up to you. You could loop through all tables in the Document_Open event (in the ThisDocument module of the template), or you could provide a macro to be run by the user that inserts a table and changes its autofit setting.