Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When using Excel 2003 I would like to select 5 toolbars for a new spreadsheet . Currently I must click VIEW, click a down arrow to show me the available toolbars, then click on a specific toolbar. As soon as I do this the VIEW menu disappears.

Then I must start this whole process again with four more sessions of clicking my toolbar selections. In Excel 95 and Excel 2000 the VIEW menu remained visible and the OK button then installed the 5 toolbars with just one click.

Any solutions please

Theodore

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Select Tools | Customize... or right-click any toolbar and select Customize... from the popup menu.
    Activate the Toolbars tab.
    You can tick check boxes to show the corresponding toolbars (and clear check boxes to hide toolbars).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If you want to show the same set of toolbars each time you open a specific workbook, you could create VBA code for the Workbook_Open event:
    - Open the workbook.
    - Activate the Visual Basic Editor.
    - In the Project Explorer on the left hand side, double-click the ThisWorkbook node belonging to your workbook.
    - In the module that appears, select Workbook from the dropdown list in the upper left corner.
    - Make the code look like this, with the appropriate names substituted, and expanded as necessary.

Code:
    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
      Application.CommandBars("This").Visible = True
      Application.CommandBars("That").Visible = True
      Application.CommandBars("Other").Visible = True
    End Sub
    If you want to hide the toolbars when the workbook is closed, add the following, again modified as needed:

Code:
    Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
      Application.CommandBars("This").Visible = False
      Application.CommandBars("That").Visible = False
      Application.CommandBars("Other").Visible = False
    End Sub