New Lounger
    Thanks

I have a main query that I developed 6 different queries off of. The queries are specific to six different individuals and their respective information.

When an individual loads information into a form, it does not show up in the datasheet view of the form, but will show up in the main table. I know it must have something to do with the relationships, but I cannot seem to figure it out. Anyone have any suggestions to rectify. Thanks,, Maryann

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Please provide more detailed information, or attach a stripped down and zipped copy of your database to a reply.

New Lounger
    Thanks

[quote name='HansV' post='779923' date='15-Jun-2009 12:10']Please provide more detailed information, or attach a stripped down and zipped copy of your database to a reply.[/quote]

Hans,
    Here is a stripped down version of my database. This is what happens:

I enter information in a form called Diane. (It currently has 6 records). I then click on the command button on top of form that say "Contract Routing Form" and it is blank. This is one issue. The second issue is that the record does not show up as the seventh record in the form view or in the query, but shows up in the main table called "UNR table".

Thanks, Maryann

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't see an attachment yet...
    You can't attach an Access database directly, you have to zip it and attach the zip file.
    And you have to select it first, using Browse..., then click UPLOAD.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='779951' date='15-Jun-2009 15:36']I don't see an attachment yet...
    You can't attach an Access database directly, you have to zip it and attach the zip file.
    And you have to select it first, using Browse..., then click UPLOAD.[/quote]

Here it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Your database had extension .mdw which is very strange - .mdw is used for workgroup information files, not for databases. I changed the extension to .mdb.

Various lookup fields were defined incorrectly, I have added the appropriate fields to tblunr and populated them. I have left the update queries that I used in the database. I then corrected the relationships.

See the attached version.
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='779965' date='15-Jun-2009 16:56']Your database had extension .mdw which is very strange - .mdw is used for workgroup information files, not for databases. I changed the extension to .mdb.

Various lookup fields were defined incorrectly, I have added the appropriate fields to tblunr and populated them. I have left the update queries that I used in the database. I then corrected the relationships.

See the attached version.[/quote]
    Thank you very much. I was told that if you were having many people use the database you had to save it as a mdw file. Can you explain that in more detail. Thank you.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hans,
    Thank you, I am having a hard time unzipping the file and opening it.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The purpose of .mdw files is quite different - they are used to store the names and passwords of users and groups of users. See Microsoft's explanation in Understanding the role of workgroup information files in Access security.

Perhaps the person who told you this was thinking of .mde files - they are .mdb files in which the possibility to view VBA code and to design forms etc, has been disabled. You create an .mde file by selecting Tools | Database Utilities | Create MDE file...

If you create an .mde file, you must always keep a copy of the .mdb file you created it from, for if you ever need to modify the VBA code or the design of a database object, you must do so in the .mdb file, then generate the .mde file anew and transfer the data into it.