New Lounger
    Thanks
    I deleted a record in a query that was specific to my records and information and it deleted the whole database. Thank goodness I had a backup. Why would this happen?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you mean that it deleted all records in the table the query was based on?
    Or that it deleted the table?
    Or do you really mean that the entire Access database (the .mdb or .accdb) file was deleted from disk?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='779924' date='15-Jun-2009 12:12']Do you mean that it deleted all records in the table the query was based on?
    Or that it deleted the table?
    Or do you really mean that the entire Access database (the .mdb or .accdb) file was deleted from disk? [/quote]

All records in the Access database were deleted. Actually the queries. The tables were o.k. Just the records.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    It depends on the structure of the query - if the joins hadn't been set up correctly, this might perhaps happen. Or you accidentally selected everything just before hitting Delete. But normally, Access will tell you how many records it will delete, and give you a chance to cancel.
    It's impossible to tell from a distance exactly what happened.