Lounger
    Thanks
    I had a file saved on my computer of different Macros that I run all of the time and I had buttons assigned to them. I just went to use one of those buttons and noticed that they are gone. Where are Macros stored on your computer for Excel, are they always in the same place?

Thanks
    R

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Macros can be stored in different places:
    - In individual workbooks (.xls files)
    - In add-ins (.xla files)
    - In your personal macro workbook Personal.xls; this is a (usually hidden) workbook stored in your Excel startup folder so that it is loaded automatically with Excel.

If you select Tools | Customize..., then right-click a custom toolbar button and select Assign Macro, you can see which macro has been assigned to the button and in which workbook it is stored.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Hans - I was able to find them by searching for the Personal.xls file. It must not be stored in the correct place, since they do not load when I start Excel. I will mess with it some more tomorrow, but at least I was able to find them!

Thanks again and have a good one :-))
    R

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The default location for Personal.xls in Excel 2003 on Windows 2000 or XP is

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLStart

where <username> is your Windows username. Application Data is a hidden folder, so you must show hidden files and folders in order to see it.

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='779982' date='15-Jun-2009 17:34']The default location for Personal.xls in Excel 2003 on Windows 2000 or XP is

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLStart

where <username> is your Windows username. Application Data is a hidden folder, so you must show hidden files and folders in order to see it.[/quote]

Once again you have solved my mystery. There was nothing in that folder, but since you helped me find where it was, I was able to move it and everything is wonderful in my Excel world once again - Thanks to you.

Have a great day!!
    R