New Lounger
    Thanks
    Well .. I'm ready to throw in the towel!

Just bought a GeForce 8400GS video card.

BIOS is set to pci ex but there is no display at all.

Two different and new monitors were used .. same results.

Brand new cables.
    PSU and memory are acceptable.

I'm afraid that because this is a Gateway MCE xp with the Foxconn C51GU01 Motherboard .. I'll Never get a video card to work.

This is strictly powered from the pci ex (no connection to the psu) and the fan on the card works but .. alas .. no display.

I guess that I shouldn't be surprised .. The GeForce 6200 card that Came with the pc never worked either!

I'm about through with Gateway.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='D2C' post='780023' date='16-Jun-2009 02:54']Well .. I'm ready to throw in the towel!
    Just bought a GeForce 8400GS video card.
    <snip>
    I'm afraid that because this is a Gateway MCE xp with the Foxconn C51GU01 Motherboard .. I'll Never get a video card to work.[/quote]
    I think you're right and you may have to put yourself in Gateway's hands unless you want to go back to the shop that had it before.

In both Post 778664 and Post 779278 threads, Joe Perez and I reckoned that you might have a PC hardware problem and it looks like the motherboard. You've changed monitors, cables, video card ... and remember, you told us that the picture came and then went.

Looks like you've tried everything other than a new motherboard. Sorry I can't think of anything else.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    More on this subject:

Need to replace Foxconn C51GU01 - Help!

I don't know if any of those folks might be you, but it looks like a pretty widespread problem as well as a motherboard replacement problem!