Thread: I'm back

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I know, no one noticed I was gone, but anyway, I'm back. Nothing serious, just a little economic despondency and feeling sorry for myself. You know, like I always do. So did I miss anything?
    Carpy Diem, it's .

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='garbsmj' post='780068' date='16-Jun-2009 10:16']I know, no one noticed I was gone, but anyway, I'm back. Nothing serious, just a little economic despondency and feeling sorry for myself. You know, like I always do. So did I miss anything? [/quote]
    I missed you and I am glad you have returned! I hope "things" are better for you?

"Peace begins with a smile. "-- Mother Teresa

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You are not alone.

I have every expectation that the World Health Organization will announce an economic despondency pandemic any day now.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome back!

(As you may have noticed, some of the old smileys have come back too.)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='garbsmj' post='780068' date='16-Jun-2009 10:16']I know, no one noticed I was gone, but anyway, I'm back. Nothing serious, just a little economic despondency and feeling sorry for myself. You know, like I always do. So did I miss anything? [/quote]

"First the earth cooled, then came the dinosaurs but they got too big and fat, died and turned into oil. Then along came the Arabs driving mercedes."

You were missed but I just assumed that you were wandering about that big, beautiful state of yours. Welcome back.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">MickeyMouse</font face=comic>
    How best to describe the Lounge-
    "Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success"

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='skitterbug' post='780073' date='16-Jun-2009 09:22']I missed you and I am glad you have returned! I hope "things" are better for you?[/quote]

It's just amazing what little you can accomplish when you lose your sense of humor.
    Carpy Diem, it&#39;s .

Thanks
    [quote name='garbsmj' post='780210' date='17-Jun-2009 02:26']It's just amazing what little you can accomplish when you lose your sense of humor.[/quote]
    I observe that your plat-billed duckypuss is now seeing stars!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by garbsmj' post='780068 View Post
    You are not alone.

I have every expectation that the World Health Organization will announce an economic despondency pandemic any day now.
    They can't, haven't you heard? They had to fire everyone because of the economic crisis!

[quote name='BATcher' post='780240' date='17-Jun-2009 06:20']I observe that your plat-billed duckypuss is now seeing stars! [/quote]As you can see, some things never change. Feel free to ignore John as before. I like your stars!

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='garbsmj' post='780240' date='16-Jun-2009 21:26']It's just amazing what little you can accomplish when you lose your sense of humor.[/quote]
    I hope you've found it back! You'll need it here in Scuttlebutt..... ....to enjoy posts like these!
    Seriously though, it's hard to cope when humor has vanished! Life is a drudge then and everything seems extremely hard to do! Just take one day at a time and keep looking for the good things that will happen during that day.

"Peace begins with a smile. "-- Mother Teresa

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='780240' date='17-Jun-2009 00:20']I observe that your plat-billed duckypuss is now seeing stars! [/quote]
    Nah, just a little left over holiday cheer.

So anyway, the good news is that I have a new job and I don't have to drive to do it. Garbette made it through high school and graduated. So now, instead of thinking she knows everything (and therefore, I don't) now she has a piece of paper to prove it. I guess my college diploma which I have prominently displayed in my office is no deterrent to her. I just wish she hadn't taken Psychology because now I never hear the end of all my mental problems. Which reminds me - gotta go wash my hands again.
    Carpy Diem, it&#39;s .

Thanks
    [quote name='garbsmj' post='780276' date='17-Jun-2009 12:33']So anyway, the good news is that I have a new job and I don't have to drive to do it. Garbette made it through high school and graduated. So now, instead of thinking she knows everything (and therefore, I don't) now she has a piece of paper to prove it. I guess my college diploma which I have prominently displayed in my office is no deterrent to her. I just wish she hadn't taken Psychology because now I never hear the end of all my mental problems. Which reminds me - gotta go wash my hands again. [/quote]
    So what happens now to your favourite Garbette - does she go on to college and become even more h'educated? Will she be doing even more psychology there?

Good that you've got another job, to keep her in the style in which she wishes to become accustomed!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='garbsmj' post='780276' date='17-Jun-2009 21:33']Garbette made it through high school and graduated. So now, instead of thinking she knows everything (and therefore, I don't) now she has a piece of paper to prove it. I guess my college diploma which I have prominently displayed in my office is no deterrent to her. I just wish she hadn't taken Psychology because now I never hear the end of all my mental problems.[/quote]
    Well this should take care of that little problem. Got a spare frame lying about anywhere?

Alan
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='AlanMiller' post='780315' date='17-Jun-2009 10:46']Well this should take care of that little problem. Got a spare frame lying about anywhere?

Alan[/quote]

Alan, that is just too precious. And it looks way better than my gold star (graduated with honors like it matters now) diploma.

I'll try to keep in touch but I'm working double duty right now and after a 50+ hour week, I'm just kinda tired and bleary eyed.
    Carpy Diem, it&#39;s .