Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I received a Memorex High Speed CD-RW with images (scanned photos), when placed in a CD player, only about the first 15 files are readable and then Windows Explorer hangs and I get "Not Responding" in the Task manager.

Here is the kicker, if the CD is placed in a DVD player/burner then all is well. The files copied over to the hard drive in seconds. We do NOT have a CD burner to try this on, but the DVD ones work great.
    We tried this on 2 Sony VAIO running XP and 1 with Windows 7, hung on using the CD player but worked using the DVD player/burner. We also have 2 Vista machines with DVD player/burners and it work just fine, No CD player on these.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='DaveA' post='780100' date='16-Jun-2009 10:14']I received a Memorex High Speed CD-RW with images (scanned photos), when placed in a CD player, only about the first 15 files are readable and then Windows Explorer hangs and I get "Not Responding" in the Task manager.

Here is the kicker, if the CD is placed in a DVD player/burner then all is well.[/quote]

Do you know the type of device on which the CD was created? Could be that the CD-RW is of marginal quality and something inherent in DVD design allows it to be read.

Joe
    Joe

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    No I do NOT, but it seems to work.
    It was very nerve racking when the wife used it on her Vista machine with a DVD player with not problems, and the I tried on my XP machine using the CD player and then had the issues.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.