3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    2 forms: Form A & Form B.
    In Form A, double-clicking a combo box will open Form B.
    After adding a record in Form B, exit Form B.
    How can I requery such that the combo box (in Form A) can be updated?
    The screenshot shows I have to use SelectObject set focus to Form A. Otherwise, Requery macro action can never locate the combo box control (ctl_PropertyID). Why?

Questions:
    1. Is this the proper approach?
    2. Is SelectObject a must?
    3. Can I requery the combo box in Form A from Form B? How?

Thanks.

Armstrong
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If I were to do this, I'd use VBA instead of a macro, but I don't dare to suggest that any more...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='780268' date='17-Jun-2009 17:52']If I were to do this, I'd use VBA instead of a macro, but I don't dare suggesting that any more... [/quote]
    HansV,
    Thanks for trying. It's quite understandable. You're always my respectable guru.
    Armstrong

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='780268' date='17-Jun-2009 03:52']If I were to do this, I'd use VBA instead of a macro, but I don't dare to suggest that any more... [/quote]
    Well, I'm willing to suggest it again. Macros were the only way to program the original version of Access - and it quickly became clear that they weren't adequate to build even moderately complex applications. So Access Basic was introduced, and then superceded by VBA. In Access 2007 the macro capabilities were enhanced considerably, but there are still numerous problems in trying to do anything as complex as working with multiple forms. Bottom Line: Serious Access developers use VBA - macros are too limited.
    Wendell

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='WendellB' post='780296' date='17-Jun-2009 21:31']Well, I'm willing to suggest it again. Macros were the only way to program the original version of Access - and it quickly became clear that they weren't adequate to build even moderately complex applications. So Access Basic was introduced, and then superceded by VBA. In Access 2007 the macro capabilities were enhanced considerably, but there are still numerous problems in trying to do anything as complex as working with multiple forms. Bottom Line: Serious Access developers use VBA - macros are too limited.[/quote]
    I like macro programming in Access 2007 because it can accomplish day in and day out tasks such as setting sorting orders and filters in no time. Failure in my macro pursuing is definitely not an option.
    Nonetheleess, you're rest assured I'll be reading Chapter One on VBA programming tomorrow.
    I seem I'm a lonely macro guy here.
    Thanks for your insight.
    Armstrong