Alan

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Some more nostalgia, for real, real old people
    I 'resemble' that remark, sir!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Alan

It is funny that you should have posted that about the Coasters because we have a young lady at work called Charlotte but most people, including me, call her Charlie Brown (incuding her mum who works for me) and for some reason I started singing to my self, fe fo fi fum etc. and sang the Charlie Brown song.

Chalie said to me, "have you made that up for me" and I had to Google Charlie Brown / Coasters and play it to her to make her beleive it was a proper song (they made em good in 59).

One of the amazing things on the video were the dance steps, they made Michael Jackson look pedestrian
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='AlanMiller' post='780306' date='17-Jun-2009 10:48']The Coasters - Along Came Jones
    The lyrics still crack me up![/quote]
    I remember The Coasters, and yes, it was indeed a humorous song, but I have no recollection of The Lyrics. What songs did they record, and when were they top-o-the-pops?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='780598' date='19-Jun-2009 05:38']The Coasters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Google Music: The Coasters[/quote]

I think Chris is looking for something along the lines of "The Lyrics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia"
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='780373' date='18-Jun-2009 08:45']I 'resemble' that remark, sir![/quote]If the hat fits ...

And looking at your fine Australian Akubra hat, it fits extremely well.
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='gwhitfield' post='780984' date='22-Jun-2009 07:59']If the hat fits ... And looking at your fine Australian Akubra hat, it fits extremely well.[/quote]
    Thank you, sir! That hat is now established as my "trademark" around these parts, I've worn it for so long. Nowadays, if someone sees me with my hat off, even if it's sitting right next to me, they'll ask where my hat is.

I keep it brushed regularly, but it's beginning to show signs of wear under the brim on both sides where I grasp when I put it on or take it off. The felt is beginning to wear down, but it's got a lot of good years left!

Edited to add: It's interesting and shocking to note that The Boss, which I bought in December 2006 for $104 USD is now priced at $120 at the same place, David Morgan! Inflation for 2 years!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='780990' date='22-Jun-2009 22:23']Inflation for 2 years![/quote]
    Perhaps it reflects changes in exchange rates rather than inflation.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='johbot' post='781082' date='22-Jun-2009 16:43']Perhaps it reflects changes in exchange rates rather than inflation.[/quote]
    Never thought of that Johanna. Perhaps you're right. I can only say for certain that if I ever need another, I'll never buy anything but Akubra if I'm able. Other brands don't hold a candle to it for endurance, good looks, wearability and ease of cleaning/maintenance. And I DO take care of my hat!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='johbot' post='781082' date='22-Jun-2009 16:43']Perhaps it reflects changes in exchange rates rather than inflation.[/quote]
    Pokin' around a little with Google I came up with the 2006 AUD/USD inverse of .7434 and current day of about .78599...

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='781097' date='23-Jun-2009 07:26']Pokin' around a little with Google I came up with the 2006 AUD/USD inverse of .7434 and current day of about .78599...[/quote]
    Ah! yes, but there was a time last year when the two dollars were almost on par.

Not that I watch all that closely, but that did coincide with Google making me a payment so I was a bit disappointed with how much they sent me.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='johbot' post='781107' date='23-Jun-2009 08:39']Ah! yes, but there was a time last year when the two dollars were almost on par.

Not that I watch all that closely, but that did coincide with Google making me a payment so I was a bit disappointed with how much they sent me.[/quote]
    Now you've made me 'fess up re: real, real old. First time I went to the states (admittedly just a spring chicken school kid) I remember 80 AU bought $1 US! Now those were the days.

Alan