3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I set up a database for our Arboretum here to handle registrations for their various classes. The databse works fine on all 4 of my computers and my work computer. However, on the Arboretum PCs is causes an error message re illegal . and !
    When we click ok the form comes up and calculates the remaining spaces for a class correctly. All machines run Access 2003, the database is 2003.

The control source for the remaining spaces seems to cause the problem:

=[AvailableSpaces]-IIf([Events Subform].Form.RecordsetClone.RecordCount=0,0,[Events Subform].Form![Total Attendees])

I have checked the references on all machines and they are the same, non of them are marked as missing.
    I am at wit's end. What could cause the problem?

Thanks,

itconc

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't know why it causes problems, but try this expression:

=[AvailableSpaces]-Nz([Events Subform]![Total Attendees],0)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='780372' date='17-Jun-2009 15:30']I don't know why it causes problems, but try this expression:

=[AvailableSpaces]-Nz([Events Subform]![Total Attendees],0)[/quote]

Hans, I chnaged the control source as you recommended but got error messages when there are no records in the subform.
    Thanks,

itconc

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Strange - it doesn't work that way for me. Anyway, does the problem PC have Access 2003 SP3? If so, I'd install the two hotfixes released after SP3:

Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: December 18, 2007 - this one is a must, it solves a number of common problems.
    Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: November 21, 2007 - worth a try too, although less essential.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='780491' date='18-Jun-2009 09:32']Strange - it doesn't work that way for me. Anyway, does the problem PC have Access 2003 SP3? If so, I'd install the two hotfixes released after SP3:

Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: December 18, 2007 - this one is a must, it solves a number of common problems.
    Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: November 21, 2007 - worth a try too, although less essential.[/quote]

Will try when I get back to the Arboretum.
    Thanks Hans

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='780491' date='18-Jun-2009 09:32']Strange - it doesn't work that way for me. Anyway, does the problem PC have Access 2003 SP3? If so, I'd install the two hotfixes released after SP3:

Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: November 21, 2007 - worth a try too, although less essential.[/quote]

I have finally had a chance to try your suggestions.
    On my machine I have no problems. On the client machine even the fixes did not work. However, your NZ function suggestion did. So the problem is fixed but we still do not know why this is happening on different machines.
    Thanks for the help!
    itconc