Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

For Win XP, O'2003 Uk

If I manually modify my color palette in Excel (Tools, Options, Color) - where will these changes then be stored?
    Bests,
    RD

PS: Wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness," but that doesn't work

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    In the active workbook. Each workbook has its own color palette (which starts out as the default palette).

Thanks
    I believe they are stored with the workbook, each able to have its own pallete of colors. Thus if a sheet from one workbook is copied into another the color of the items will change to reflect the pallete in that workbook

Steve

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just needed a "mind refresh".

Thanks.
    Bests,
    RD

PS: Wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness," but that doesn't work

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am encountering trouble with color palettes on many workbooks. I was advised to use the Reset button on the color options. It does nothing. The defect causes a dark blue/gray background on many rows and cells, making black text almost invisible. I've tried this many times and the Reset approach never works. Thanks for any advice.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Could you attach a small workbook that exhibits this problem? You can remove most or all contents.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Look at the color pallet on this one..same as in my book.xls in startup. The pallet in Options does not seem correct and yet it will not "reset". When I open up workbooks from others, I get this type of pallet. I know they do not send them wiht this fill color. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Which version of Excel are you using?
    When I open your sample workbook in Excel 2002 (XP), it has the default color palette:

[attachment=84588:x.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (1.2 KB, 4 views)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='783358' date='07-Jul-2009 11:02']Which version of Excel are you using?
    When I open your sample workbook in Excel 2002 (XP), it has the default color palette:

[attachment=84588:x.png][/quote]
    That's incredible. That's not what I'm seeing a this end. That looks like what it should be, but I do not get that palette. We are currently using 2003 in XP, but are getting 2007 files from other people. Here is an image of what I see everywhere. Any suggestions? Could it be a hardware issue?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Does this just happen with workbooks that were originally created in Excel 2007 or also with workbooks that you create in Excel 2003.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Most of our files are still created in 2003.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Either there is something wrong with your video card, or else with your installation of Excel.

What happens if you select a color then click Modify...? Do you get normal-looking colors as in this screenshot, or distorted/flat colors?

[attachment=84593:x.png]
    • File Type: png x.png (7.1 KB, 0 views)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I see the same color fields in both tabs as you show. Amazing. Yet the pallets in the workbooks are missing colors. Is there any macro to reset? Why do you think that reset button doesn't work? because there's nothing wrong with the pallet in the options tab? guess so. If I were to "customize" the "bad pallets" in specific workbooks back to defaults, woud that eliminate the color problem? Can I be shown which of those colors I should select in the rebuild? Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You can try importing the color palette from a workbook that has a normal palette. Both workbooks must be open for this.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='783783' date='09-Jul-2009 10:51']You can try importing the color palette from a workbook that has a normal palette. Both workbooks must be open for this.[/quote]
    Can you give me the steps? I don't see anything in the menus about such a process. BTW I just had someone send me from their laptop a workbook with a good color pallett. When I opened it up on my laptop....bad palette! Is there any way to test my on-board video for this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast