New Lounger
    Thanks
    Have recently upgraded one of my users from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Problem now, she wants the menu item she had before and I am not sure where to look to find the programming, macro or whatever was used to create this. The person who set it up has been long gone and now it falls to me to carry on.

The menu was called "Templates" and as one would expect, it offers submenus to open a rather large collection of document templates.

Any suggestions on how to locate and update?
    Is this the proper forum to post this question?

Thanks
    David G.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you looked in the Add-ins tab of the ribbon? That's where toolbars created by add-ins should end up in Word 2007.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='780488' date='18-Jun-2009 15:08']Have you looked in the Add-ins tab of the ribbon? That's where toolbars created by add-ins should end up in Word 2007.[/quote]

I know where it should go, what I need to discover is where it is coming from. In Word 2003 I've looked in Tools --> Macro --> Macros --> Organizer and listed the "Macro Project Items" there, but I do not find any macro listing the template files, titles, etc. Only the generic custom label macro we install for everyone in the office.

This is a menu item in Word 2003: File Edit View Insert Format Tools Table Window Help Templates.

I need to understand where the menu file exists so I can learn how to duplicate it in Word 2007.

Thanks for your reply.

David G.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Look in the ThisDocument module of the Normal template and of global templates/add-ins (if you have those); the menu may be created in the Document_Open event procedure.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='780497' date='18-Jun-2009 14:53']Look in the ThisDocument module of the Normal template and of global templates/add-ins (if you have those); the menu may be created in the Document_Open event procedure.[/quote]

Ok, making progress. Thank you for your help so far.

In Word 2003, under Tools --> Templates and Add-Ins... I found reference to a custom ".dot." I navigated to C:\...\OFFICE11\STARTUP\custom.dot, moved it to my desktop and opened it. Found a module named TMP. in it which lists the names and locations of all the templates, just haven't found anything that ties it all together. Unless it staring me in the face and I don't see it.

Anyone have a hammer?

DG

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Nothing in the ThisDocument module of the custom template?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    [quote name='dmgaddy' post='780494' date='18-Jun-2009 10:44']I know where it should go, what I need to discover is where it is coming from. In Word 2003 I've looked in Tools --> Macro --> Macros --> Organizer and listed the "Macro Project Items" there, but I do not find any macro listing the template files, titles, etc. Only the generic custom label macro we install for everyone in the office.

This is a menu item in Word 2003: File Edit View Insert Format Tools Table Window Help Templates.

I need to understand where the menu file exists so I can learn how to duplicate it in Word 2007.

Thanks for your reply.

David G.[/quote]

Are you saying that the icons do appear in the add-ins tab? If so, the template should be here:

C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP.

Add-on templates that load when Word opens can be found there in XP. This is true for W2003 as well as W2007.

Pam
    Pam Caswell