Thread: email groups

Lounger
    Thanks
    I have entered a great number of contacts and categorized them. In the "Contacts" pane there is Contacts, Business, WGIF, Grape Growers and HJE. When I write an email an try to choose to a number of contacts, I can only choose from the Contacts or HJE lists. The others do no show.

Am I not entering names correctly? Do I have to list everyone under "Contacts" by categories?

There are times wen I wish to send to a particular group of contacts as I did when using Outlook Express. But using Outlook 2003 in Vista seems to be greatly different.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You can select a group of contacts, then select Actions | New message to contacts.

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='780499' date='18-Jun-2009 09:56']You can select a group of contacts, then select Actions | New message to contacts.[/quote]
    Thanks, I'll try that. I will try selecting categories under each of the above groups as well.

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='780499' date='18-Jun-2009 09:56']You can select a group of contacts, then select Actions | New message to contacts.[/quote]
    This works when I want to send emails, thank you. But further, I would like to set up distribution lists. Outlook still only show the "Contacts" and "HJE" list from which to select members of the distribution list. I would like to select from all the list I have created. Can I do that with my set up or do I have to move all those I have entered in "WGIF" to the "Contacts" list?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    What is WGIF? A subfolder of your Contacts folder? If so, you should be able to select it in the "Show contacts in" dropdown when selecting members for your distribution list.