Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Good afternoon all,

I've recently upgraded both my work computers to XP Pro, SP3. Doing so, caused Remote Desktop Connection between the two computers to become broken.

I've been able to restore RDC with 'R51' as the host, and T61p' as the client by specifying my domain user account as 'allow logon through Terminal Services' in the Group Policy editor, and removing the 'Deny logon through Terminal Services' entry of 'Everyone'.

Doing the same with the computers reversed (R51 client, T61p host), my account, and other accounts are still denied access. Attached to this post, is the dialogue box that is presented when I attempt to access T61p from R51.

Firewalls are disabled, PCs are on the same network.... I'm struggling for a solution!! HELP!!!!

[attachment=84357:rdc_error.bmp]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Christopher Baldrey

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='StoneChucker' post='780682' date='19-Jun-2009 14:13']Firewalls are disabled, PCs are on the same network.... I'm struggling for a solution!! HELP!!!![/quote]

I saw a post that said that the 175.xx line of Nvidia drivers caused a problem - WHQL 175.16 - remote desktop fails - NVIDIA Forums.

Also, found this - The Paleotechnologist: Aargh (XP SP3 breaks Remote Desktop).

Joe
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the links Joe - I'll look them over and report back.
    Christopher Baldrey