3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Based on your practical experience, what is the maximum number of subforms can be practically contained in a main form?
    Can a main form contain more than one subform (control)?
    Armstrong

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If I want to place a large number of subforms on a main form, I create a tab control on the main form, and place each subform on a separate tab page (or sometimes two subforms on a tab page if they are logically connected). That way, I can use a lot of subforms without causing the main form to become cluttered.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='780868' date='21-Jun-2009 18:47']If I want to place a large number of subforms on a main form, I create a tab control on the main form, and place each subform on a separate tab page (or sometimes two subforms on a tab page if they are logically connected). That way, I can use a lot of subforms without causing the main form to become cluttered.[/quote]
    I almost forgot the tab control. Definitely, yours is the best solution.
    Going back to the original question, is there any limit on number of subforms contained inside a main form?
    Thank you for your help.
    Armstrong

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    There is no intrinsic limit, but the maximum size of a section on a form is 22" x 22" so you'll run out of space at some point, depending on the size of the subforms.
    And the maximum number of controls that you can place on a form over its lifetime is 754.

If you want to place a subform within a subform, you can nest up to 7 levels deep.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='780875' date='21-Jun-2009 19:16']There is no intrinsic limit, but the maximum size of a section on a form is 22" x 22" so you'll run out of space at some point, depending on the size of the subforms.
    And the maximum number of controls that you can place on a form over its lifetime is 754.

If you want to place a subform within a subform, you can nest up to 7 levels deep.[/quote]
    Hi Hansv,
    Thanks a lot for your valuable info.
    Armstrong