New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'd like to auto advance a slide after PP has performed an exit animation on some text, but I can't see a way to do this. Does anyone know if it's possible?

The slides can't just be set to advance after a specific amount of time, as I need to hold them for a variable period (whilst someone is speaking) then advance the slide. I know that I can click to initiate the exit effect on the text, then click again to advance the slide, but it would be neater/easier if I could click to initiate the text exit, and when this action is complete have the slide advance by itself.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    From Automatically advance slide after transiition on EggheadCafe:
    One way is to have a 99% transparent shape appear "with previous" to the last
    animation. Give this shape a mouseover action of "next slide"

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Hans, that may indeed be an option. I'll give it a try and see if it's appropriate for what I'm doing.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I was going to say I don't find mouseovers that reliable, then of course I looked at the link and saw it was from me!!

I think there's a more reliable way and this is how we always do it now. A little difficult to explain but usually fairly easy to set up.

Assume your first slide has 4 click animations.
    Set only the first three.

Add another slide that looks exactly like slide one AFTER the three animations and add the fourth animation to this slide. Set the transition of the second slide to auto / zero seconds.

Hope that makes sense

PS After a lot of research we have concluded that 99% transparent is unnecessary - 100% works fine and some modern monitors / cards can see the difference.
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='JohnWilson' post='781223' date='23-Jun-2009 16:43']... then of course I looked at the link and saw it was from me!![/quote]

New Lounger
    Thanks
    John, it makes a lot of sense as I've actually done something similar myself in the past so I'm not sure why it didn't occur to me! Anyway, a nudge in the right direction from someone else never hurts.

Thanks for your help.