Thanks
    I've got a new Access 2007 database the input to which will come to me via an Excel worksheet generated by an online forms service (WuFoo). The worksheet includes live hyperlinks for web sites and email addresses.

I import the Excel entries into an Access 2007 table that has an associated form. The form fields that hold the web sites and email addresses have the properties Is Hyperlink = Yes and Display as Hyperlink = If Hyperlink.

There is a form associated with the table, basically showing all the data that is in the table. I have three problems with the form:

1) The info in the two "hyperlink" fields shows up as a blue, underlined hyperlink, even if it doesn't contain something that looks like a hyperlink, e.g. the word "NONE."

2) To make the hyperlinks active on the form, I have to go through the Access "insert hyperlink" procedure: CTRL+K, copy the URL to the clipboard, insert it into the proper box on the "insert hyperlink" dialog box, etc. I know how to do that, but I'm hoping there's a way to avoid all the manual intervention. (I'm expecting to get hundreds of entries via my online form.)

3) There's no easy way to tell whether a given blue underlined "hyperlink" has been activated or not. (I can click it and see what happens, of course, but I need to do better.)

Questions:

1) Can I eliminate the hyperlink-like underlining of data that isn't a hyperlink?

2) Is there a way to avoid all the manual work in activating the hyperlinks?

3) Is there a way to discriminate between activated and non-activated hyperlinks, so maybe I can put a status indicator on my form?
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Access is different from Excel: all data in a field must be of the same type. If you define a field as a hyperlink field, Access assumes that ALL entries are hyperlinks. A hyperlink field cannot contain non-hyperlink entries.

If you import Excel data into a hyperlink field, I'd expect Access to convert them correctly. But if it doesn't, you could try an update query with an expression like

"#" & [FieldName] & "#"

to convert text values to hyperlinks.

Thanks
    I'm close to figuring this all out. Will post when I've got it.
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA