Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    I needed a quickie-macro to make a Word document look like a proof sheet.
    The images were linked into cells of a 2-column 4-row table.
    I then ran this little macro manually, repeatedly until the images fit onto one page.
    Code:
    Sub test()
    	Dim shp As InlineShape
    	For Each shp In ThisDocument.InlineShapes
    		shp.Width = shp.Width * 0.75
    		shp.Height = shp.Height * 0.75
    	Next shp
    End Sub
    And yes, I could make the multiplier a parameter of a function, and tie in the number of rows and columns.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='chrisgreaves' post='781042' date='23-Jun-2009 04:09']I needed a quickie-macro to make a Word document look like a proof sheet.
    The images were linked into cells of a 2-column 4-row table.
    I then ran this little macro manually, repeatedly until the images fit onto one page.
    Code:
    Sub test()
    	Dim shp As InlineShape
    	For Each shp In ThisDocument.InlineShapes
    		shp.Width = shp.Width * 0.75
    		shp.Height = shp.Height * 0.75
    	Next shp
    End Sub
    And yes, I could make the multiplier a parameter of a function, and tie in the number of rows and columns.[/quote]
    I'm not familiar with the "requirements" of a proof sheet Chris. Can you give an example?

Alan

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='AlanMiller' post='781476' date='24-Jun-2009 12:24']Can you give an example?[/quote]
    I may have used the wrong term, but my printer has me bicycle up the street to examine "the proofs" of my business card, brochure etc.
    Attached is a PrtScr snapshot from my use of the printing wizard in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.
    In my original task I had a dozen or so different photos of me and wanted to present them on a single sheet to solicit comments.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (43.5 KB, 0 views)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='AlanMiller' post='781476' date='24-Jun-2009 11:24']Can you give an example?[/quote]
    Furthermore, I discovered, after two print runs and an intermediate reshuffling of images between two folders titled "Portrait" and "Landscape" that the Windows & Fax Viwer's Printing Wizard takes its "rotate to fit" duties seriously.
    In the digital camera (Thanks Woody's lounge!) photo of a set of wallet prints, I have outlined two images that have been rotated when I'd wish they weren't.

I wanted a rogues gallery of images in portrait mode, and another rogue's gallery of those in landscape mode.
    I feel like elaborating my code to make a better wizard.
    Attached Images Attached Images