5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a table where a column has blanks or a Y. I would like to update the blanks to N. I want to create a query based on the table. The field is RCAC_EBDS_IN. I add it to the query grid. Select Query, Update query. I don't know what to enter in the update to line - Replace([RCAC_EBDS_IN],"","N"). Would that be right?

That Replace([RCAC_EBDS_IN],"","N") didn't work. It said Type conversion failure - key violation, lock violtion and validation rule violation.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='LindaR' post='781217' date='23-Jun-2009 14:29']I have a table where a column has blanks or a Y. I would like to update the blanks to N. I want to create a query based on the table. The field is RCAC_EBDS_IN. I add it to the query grid. Select Query, Update query. I don't know what to enter in the update to line - Replace([RCAC_EBDS_IN],"","N"). Would that be right?

That Replace([RCAC_EBDS_IN],"","N") didn't work. It said Type conversion failure - key violation, lock violtion and validation rule violation.[/quote]

Figured it out. I just brought the field into the update query and in the criteria I put Is NUll. Then I brought the field in again and put "N" in the update to field.