3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

Has anybody written a macro in Excel to send appointments in Lotus Notes, I have seen the details from www.fabalou.com but it does not go far enough, and some of the option do not work correctly.

I ahve emailed them but no response.

Basically I want to send loads of appointments from a given Lotus Notes user to multiple people where all the source data is in Excel, hence the reason for using an Excel macro.

Thanks

Mike

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I hope that someone will be able to help you, but don't hold your breath. There aren't many Lotus Notes users among those who regularly post replies here.

Thanks
    I use LotusNotes 6.5 at work but have only written code (so far) to email worksheets from XL using Notes.

If you provide some details about what you have for source data (perhaps a sample file in XL) and what you want it to do in Notes I will make some time to play and see what I can come up with.

It would also be good to explain what options do not work, what more needs to be done and the code you are starting with.

Steve

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='sdckapr' post='781263' date='23-Jun-2009 17:39']I use LotusNotes 6.5 at work but have only written code (so far) to email worksheets from XL using Notes.

If you provide some details about what you have for source data (perhaps a sample file in XL) and what you want it to do in Notes I will make some time to play and see what I can come up with.

It would also be good to explain what options do not work, what more needs to be done and the code you are starting with.

Steve[/quote]
    Hi Steve,

I have used the code from the following site http://www.fabalou.com/vbandvba/lotu...ppointment.asp which works as far as it goes, so I have the process working to create an appointment, the problem is that it does not go far enough, I want to add recipients and attachements to the appointment. Also some of the FIELDSETTEXT options did not work, eg Duration, but I have go around that with StartTime and Startdate, the Body option also deos not work which means I cannot add text to the appointment

Is there a simple list which shows the option that can be used, I have looed at the Lotus Notes Automation Ref document but cannot find sensible descriptions.

I am using Lotus Notes 5.

Any pointers would be useful.

Thanks.

Mike

Thanks
    I will make some time to play, and see what I can discover. I hope the model has not changed from Version 5 to 6 which would cause problems.

Steve

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='sdckapr' post='781648' date='25-Jun-2009 11:15']I will make some time to play, and see what I can discover. I hope the model has not changed from Version 5 to 6 which would cause problems.

Steve[/quote]

Thanks Steve, but I think there has been some changes between 5 and 6 of notes, but let's see.

Mike

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='sdckapr' post='781648' date='25-Jun-2009 11:15']I will make some time to play, and see what I can discover. I hope the model has not changed from Version 5 to 6 which would cause problems.

Steve[/quote]

Hi Steve,

Any luck in finding a solution.

Regards

Mike

Thanks
    [quote name='mikeyt' post='783198' date='06-Jul-2009 08:07']Hi Steve,

Any luck in finding a solution.

Regards

Mike[/quote]

I apologize for not getting back sooner, but unfortunately I have had no luck. I played a little trying to just run the code to create an appointment and I had issues. I hung LotusNotes a few time and then came back to it later. I don't know if it is lack of knowledge on my part in using Notes with code (which is what I suspect) or just problems with accessing certain things that my company does not give me access to do.

So unless I get any major brainstorms, I don't think I will be able to help you out and it seems your best bet is to continue to try and contact the writers of the original code.

Sorry,
    Steve

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='sdckapr' post='783821' date='09-Jul-2009 19:56']I apologize for not getting back sooner, but unfortunately I have had no luck. I played a little trying to just run the code to create an appointment and I had issues. I hung LotusNotes a few time and then came back to it later. I don't know if it is lack of knowledge on my part in using Notes with code (which is what I suspect) or just problems with accessing certain things that my company does not give me access to do.

So unless I get any major brainstorms, I don't think I will be able to help you out and it seems your best bet is to continue to try and contact the writers of the original code.

Sorry,
    Steve[/quote]
    Thanks Steve,

I have progress it a little further myself but stuck on some field names, you do not know where I can get an online copy of the Lotus Notes Designer Help (R5).

The Authors of the original code have ignored a couple of requests for help.

Anyway thanks for you efforts.

Regards

Mike

Thanks
    [quote name='mikeyt' post='783966' date='10-Jul-2009 09:08']I have progress it a little further myself but stuck on some field names, you do not know where I can get an online copy of the Lotus Notes Designer Help (R5).[/quote]

Does this website help?

Steve

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='sdckapr' post='783998' date='10-Jul-2009 16:08']Does this website help?

Steve[/quote]
    Thanks Steve,

It was some help but I still have not been able to find a valid list of fields for R5.

I will keep looking.

Thanks again

Mike