Thanks
    If I use a citation in a specific paper, is there a way to make that available to other papers at a later time -- or even at the same time?

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You might create an AutoText entry from the citation. By default, AutoText entries are stored in your Normal template, and they will be available in all documents.

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='781306' date='23-Jun-2009 12:35']You might create an AutoText entry from the citation. By default, AutoText entries are stored in your Normal template, and they will be available in all documents.[/quote]

Hans, apparently not, because if I'm reading this right, there's no allowance for jumping between fields -- i.e. filling out the Author, Title, Year, City etc. information on the "Add Citation" screen.

Or is there?

Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='781306' date='23-Jun-2009 12:35']You might create an AutoText entry from the citation. By default, AutoText entries are stored in your Normal template, and they will be available in all documents.[/quote]

Hans:

OK, if I go to the "Citations and Bibliography",. there's a "Manage Sources" choice. When I went to that, I found a source listed from a past paper I'd written -- there's both a Current and a Master list.

So now the question is, how does one add/edit the Master List, and what determines it's "members"? Are they "permanent"

Chuck

Thanks
    That seems to be a new feature in Word 2007 (see What's new in Word for students, teachers, and professors). I'm not sure whether anyone here has dug into it in any depth, but perhaps if you edit the subject line of your original post you can attract some Word 2007 users.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I thought you meant "citation" as a general term, but as Jefferson pointed out, you apparently refer to a specific Word 2007 feature.
    I don't do 2007, so I'll bow out of this topic now.

* exits stage left *

Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='781316' date='23-Jun-2009 13:21']That seems to be a new feature in Word 2007 (see What's new in Word for students, teachers, and professors). I'm not sure whether anyone here has dug into it in any depth, but perhaps if you edit the subject line of your original post you can attract some Word 2007 users.[/quote]

OK Thanks Hans.

Regards,
    Chuck

Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='781316' date='23-Jun-2009 13:21']That seems to be a new feature in Word 2007 (see What's new in Word for students, teachers, and professors). I'm not sure whether anyone here has dug into it in any depth, but perhaps if you edit the subject line of your original post you can attract some Word 2007 users.[/quote]

Jefferson:

I had just added a new post "Adding to the Citation Source Master List" to the Word forum. I found the source file. What I would like to see is if there's a way to merge files.

But at least that's a start!

Chuck

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    To prevent duplication, this topic is closed. Please post replies in the new one mentioned by Chuck in the previous reply.