2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have office 2003 (not OEM, I have the original CD-ROM) installed on one PC and want to transfer the license to a different PC. Can someone please walk me through the process of validating the license with Microsoft, and especially, let me know how to handle any difficulties? Should I install Office on the new computer first, or get an activation code first, etc. Thanks.

Thanks
    [quote name='jsallen' post='781334' date='23-Jun-2009 14:47']Should I install Office on the new computer first, or get an activation code first, etc. Thanks.[/quote]
    If I recall correctly, if the software has only ever been activated once, it should activate automatically on the new computer. If it doesn't then you can contact MS for assistance. (I'm not sure they can calculate the activation code without your first installing it on the new machine.)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think that Jefferson is correct, and there is another factor, called time, I have transferred many a copy of office to a new machine and have NOT had any issues with the activation except for one time.

That turned out to be that I had installed this copy of Office to many times on the Beta OS I was testing for Microsoft, we were getting a new build about every 3-4 weeks

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.