Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Talking

Kaspersky has released a new version of Kaspersky Antivirus and Internet Security (suite) version 9.0.0.459.

Download the latest versions of the Kaspersky products from HERE.

Within your license period you are entitled to version upgrades & signatures, all you need is the code which is why it's important you save this, this way you never have to contact support for a new code. Another way to always have your code ready in case of emergencies for example in connection with a format of the PC is to register in the personal cabinet: Personal Cabinet.

If you need help regarding licenses, lost etc., which you cannot retrieve from the cabinet..... Link to Helpdesk.

You can install this version over the top of your current version if desired. Or, you can uninstall your current version, retaining your registration information option during the uninstall and installing this new version clean.

NOTE: If the actual download page doesn't load when you click on your language version, you can copy the shortcut and use your third-party download manager to download the file.
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Pilgrim' post='781679' date='25-Jun-2009 10:06']Kaspersky has released a new version of Kaspersky Antivirus and Internet Security (suite) version 9.0.0.459.[/quote]
    No offense meant Jeff, but with:
    1. all you need is the code
    2. have your code ready in case of emergencies
    3.which you cannot retrieve from the cabinet
    4. over the top of your current version if desired
    5. retaining your registration information option during the uninstall and installing this new version clean.
    6. actual download page doesn't load when you click on your language version
    Why would one want to bother to install this suite? Seems like more work than it's worth.

Thanks
    [quote name='Pilgrim' post='781679' date='25-Jun-2009 15:06']Kaspersky has released a new version of Kaspersky Antivirus and Internet Security (suite) version 9.0.0.459.[/quote]
    Thanks for the information, Jeff. I would have expected this update to have been presented to all users of Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 at some stage.

The update to KIS 2010 (six months early!) didn't cause me any problem, and was much the same as most software updates, if a bit more extensive:
    1. download the software to my Downloaded Software directory
    2. double-click on the EXE file to run it
    3. wait the usual ages while it installs
    4. accept the expected reboot
    5. observe that it was happy with the licence and had 'activated'
    6. update the database definitions (another 6.7 MB!)
    7. try a couple of scans manually
    8. observe its initial enthusiasm for doing even more scans over the next half-hour or so
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy

[quote name='bleduc' post='781817' date='25-Jun-2009 19:43']No offense meant Jeff, but with:
    1. all you need is the code
    2. have your code ready in case of emergencies
    3.which you cannot retrieve from the cabinet
    4. over the top of your current version if desired
    5. retaining your registration information option during the uninstall and installing this new version clean.
    6. actual download page doesn't load when you click on your language version
    Why would one want to bother to install this suite? Seems like more work than it's worth.
    [/quote]
    I'm not sure what your point is?

1. & 2. Yes, it is always good to keep your activation code, registration serial #, etc., for your purchased software.
    3. I suppose a few have had trouble with their "Personal Cabinet", but i) most who use it have no problems and ii) most don't even use it.
    4. Yes, one can install KAV/KIS over the top of their current version. This is also very typical of most software. However, the warning is given since some have versions which are considerably older and thus it is wise to do an uninstall and a clean install in those instances.
    5. This amounts to clicking in a box during the uninstall process. It takes all of .5 seconds.
    6. At the time I posted the update notification the Kaspersky servers were being overloaded. A little patience would have rewarded one with success.

There are actually two separate programs available: 1) KAV - Kaspersky Antivirus and 2) Kaspersky Internet Security. The latter is the "suite" that in addition to the Antivirus module it includes a firewall, antispam utility, parental control, etc.

Lastly, I have NEVER had any problems updating or upgrading a Kaspersky product, whether installing over the top of doing a clean install. This I say from doing this well over 100 times on my own systems and all my clients who only use Kaspersky. It's not #1 for no reason.

Oh!! No offense taken at all.
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Pilgrim' post='781980' date='26-Jun-2009 17:36']I'm not sure what your point is? [/quote]
    Just chalk it up to pending senility Jeff <sigh> Re-reading my post seems to confirm your questioning reply. I have no excuses, other than I do not run that program - so I have no complaints on it.
    Let me crawl back into my cavity for now