Thread: Stuck in Outbox

New Lounger
    Thanks

Stuck in Outbox

Occasionally, when I reply to or forward an email in Outlook 2000, the email stays in the Outbox, and the message flag says it has not been sent. Clicking the Send button does not change the situation. According to the recipients, the email does arrive, even if Outlook says it has not sent the email. I am sending the email via our agency's network. The Outbox delay send is set to no delay. Does anyone know the cause and cure? Thanks.--Steve

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Stuck in Outbox

using exchange server?

does it ever leave the outlook? if yes, it's network delays.

is htere anything about the messages that is similar, like all RTf, only ones with attachments etc? do others see the same thing?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, we use Exchange server.
    Never leaves the Outbox; i.e., it's still there 1 week later.
    Happens with plain text, rtf, html, w/ or w/o attachments.
    Yes, a few others have experienced the same problem.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This happens to me when I have several email addresses for one recipient, Outlook sends to all, and I have one deselected so that it doesn't slow me down looking for an account I can't access at work. That would explain why it was actually received, but another copy still in the Outbox.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the info; I'll ask our systems people; however, only a few of us have the problem. All of the agency's employees (1000s) have several email addressee, I think. The server or the software selects the appropriate address or makes it up, whether intra-network or outside. --Steve

New Lounger
    Thanks

Perhaps this link might help:
    hhtp://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q162/3/43.asp

Also, be sure that the message doesn't have some sort of option set that would request that delivery not be immediate. This would also cause it to 'sit' in the Outbox until the desired delivery date is reached.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the article. No delays set on outgoing mail. Our systems people either re-loaded or reconfigured the entire network email system over the weekend, so that may fix the problem. We had other problems besides mine.

JGRAY12345678910

[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]Greetings! How do I check to be sure that I have no time delay for sending outgoing messages? I work remotely using a dial-up internet connection with a VPN secure connection profile to enter my employer's system. Many times messages sit in my Outbox and only leave many Outlook openings and closings later. Thanks for any input. [img]/w3timages/icons/baby.gif[/img]