4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, if on a parent report, i wish to poin to a control on the sub report and a further control on the a sub report of my sub, what should my code look like. For instance rParent has a text box counting SubID on the sub and similalry has a text box counting SubSubId. Is is parent!sub!sid and parent!sub!subsub!control?

thanks, Darren

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Don't use Parent if you're on the main report. Use

=[SubReportName]![ControlName]

or

=[SubReportName]![SubSubReportName]![ControlName]

etc. You must use the name of the subreport as a control on its parent; this is not necessarily the same as the name of the source object in the database window.

Note: you should refer to a control in the report header or footer of the subreport; it doesn't make sense to refer to a control in the detail section or in a group header or footer - the results would not be what you want.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='781753' date='25-Jun-2009 19:39']Don't use Parent if you're on the main report. Use

=[SubReportName]![ControlName]

or

=[SubReportName]![SubSubReportName]![ControlName]

etc. You must use the name of the subreport as a control on its parent; this is not necessarily the same as the name of the source object in the database window.

Note: you should refer to a control in the report header or footer of the subreport; it doesn't make sense to refer to a control in the detail section or in a group header or footer - the results would not be what you want.[/quote]

Cheers Hans, Darren.