Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Does anyone know how to get Thunderbird to "open" an attached file (.PNG) with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer? I've been Googling my tail off and can only find that it's a .DLL file but can't figure out how to pass that to Thunderbird.

Funny thing is, I've somehow in the past, gotten TB to use Picture and Fax Viewer for JPG files but I can't remember how I did it.

It's very slow and annoying to have TB open PNG files with PSP, my default program when all I want to do is sneak a peek at the attachment!

Edited Later: I should've mentioned that the only reason I'm asking this question is because of OUTLOOK recipients. I have always been in the habit of "inserting" images in my sent emails, rather than "attaching" them. BUT I've been told by an Outlook user that he can't see my images if I insert them as opposed to attaching them. Any advice on this topic will be appreciated!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigaldoc' post='781791 View Post
    I should've mentioned that the only reason I'm asking this question is because of OUTLOOK recipients. I have always been in the habit of "inserting" images in my sent emails, rather than "attaching" them. BUT I've been told by an Outlook user that he can't see my images if I insert them as opposed to attaching them.
    This is an HTML format email? Unless something is stripping the images, Outlook certainly does support embedded images. Assuming you have had no complaints from other Outlook users, perhaps this is a configuration or filtering issue for that recipient.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='781831' date='26-Jun-2009 00:41']In Windows XP, you could use the File Types dialog to change the default action for .PNG to Preview rather than Open.[/quote]
    Hmmm, sez I. I was going to do that and then I saw this:

[attachment=84443:2009_06_26_012556.png]

Which would lead you to believe that it's already set the way I want. So, I go inside Thunderbird and double click on a pix that was attached as a PNG and here's what I see:

[attachment=84444:2009_06_26_014622.png]

Well that's strange. I don't even get this screen for a JPG. Just for the heck of it, I let it go ahead, expecting to see PSP, but NO, the picture opened in the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Go figure...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Problem solved... mystery deepens... film at 11.
    Regards,
    PaulB