2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Outlook 2007, for some unknown reason, often chokes on me when I attempt to open the last message from a discussion list (Police-L) which I receive daily in digest form. Quite often, when I click on the last post the Outlook screen fades slightly and Windows subsequently displays a message box telling me that Outlook has stopped working, that Windows is searching for a solution to the problem, and then informs me that Outlook is re-starting.

Last week sometime Outlook hiccoughed on me and re-started in Safe Mode after displaying a message that it had been shutdown improperly. Since then I have noticed that, not always but often, clicking the mouse once on a particular message or e-mail address to select/hi-light it will result in the opening of the item. Fast forward one week and now I am being prompted for my network password everytime I try to send an e-mail message or when Outlook automatically tries to receive messages.

I am running Outlook 2007 on Vista Home Premium (original installation on my DELL 2-3 years ago). The only things I have done on the system lately were to install a game (Luxor) on the computer for my bride, and most recently upgraded my OpenOffice installation to ver. 3.1.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Gardella
    stevegardella@earthlink.net

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='781820' date='25-Jun-2009 19:06']See if Save password setting not retained in Outlook or Outlook Express helps with the pasword problem.[/quote]

Hans,

Thank you for the info. I re-started the computer and Outlook did not prompt me for my password the first time. It did on 2nd try but not since. I will keep testing it and, if the re-start does not corect the problem I will follow the instructions on the linked message to which you referred me.

Thanks again,

-Steve-