Jackobilly

Binder in Office XP (Office XP)

I have been using Office Binder for several years to produce and print client

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Binder in Office XP (Office XP)

I have a user experiencing the same problem. The Office 2000 binder can be installed over an existing Office XP installation and it will work. Just be careful to make sure only the Office 2000 binder is installed and nothing else by customizing the installation after running setup. This works quite well using the Office 2000 CD. What I am trying to research now is how I can make this available over the network without having to create an administrative installation. I already have the Transform file that will only install the binder. I just need to know if it is possible to extract just the binder files for installation which would be considerably smaller than the 600+ megs the administrative installation requires. If anyone has any ideas, I am all ears.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

There is an "Unbind Binder" utility in the Office 2000 Resource Kit (ORK Tools)

HTH

Lounger
    Thanks

I think the issue here is the ability to still use the binder feature that was available up until Office 2000. The Unbind utility does just that - it unbinds. Both Jackobilly and my client would like to be able to "bind" those documents to keep them together. As I stated in my previous post, both the Office 97 and 2000 version of the binder still works when installed over Office XP with XP version documents.