Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi

I can't configure Task Scheduler to run Automatic it is all greyed out, I ran Administrative tools manually and set up a task, but I cannot set Task Scheduler to Automatic, so it does not run on start up

Path to executable is as below, this means nothing to me.

C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs

I am logged on as Aminstrator and run all as Adminstrator
    Regards

Braddy
    If you are a fool at forty, you will always be a fool

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    [quote name='braddy60' post='781859' date='26-Jun-2009 04:11']I can't configure Task Scheduler to run Automatic it is all greyed out, I ran Administrative tools manually and set up a task, but I cannot set Task Scheduler to Automatic, so it does not run on start up

I am logged on as Aminstrator and run all as Adminstrator[/quote]

1.) Are logged on to the Administrator account or an account that is a member of the Administrator's group? Logging on as the Administrator routinely is not a good security practice.
    2.) Not being able to run task scheduler can be a symptom of a malware issue. Have you run full scans?

Joe
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='781889' date='26-Jun-2009 14:02']1.) Are logged on to the Administrator account or an account that is a member of the Administrator's group? Logging on as the Administrator routinely is not a good security practice.
    2.) Not being able to run task scheduler can be a symptom of a malware issue. Have you run full scans?

Joe[/quote]

Hi Joe

I am logged in as an Adminstrator.

I run anti virus and anti spyware everyday

Regards

Braddy

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='braddy60' post='781893' date='26-Jun-2009 08:08']I am logged in as an Adminstrator.

I run anti virus and anti spyware everyday[/quote]

What happens if you boot into safe mode?

Do you mean you run full scans everyday?

Joe
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='781894' date='26-Jun-2009 14:14']What happens if you boot into safe mode?

Do you mean you run full scans everyday?

Joe[/quote]

Hi Joe

If I run in safe mode it's still greyed out.

I use Virgin PCGuard, it updates every 3 hours and runs a virus scan and an anti spyware scan everyday.

Regards

Braddy

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='braddy60' post='781908' date='26-Jun-2009 08:35']If I run in safe mode it's still greyed out.

I use Virgin PCGuard, it updates every 3 hours and runs a virus scan and an anti spyware scan everyday.[/quote]

Often regularly scheduled scans such as those are quick scans not full scans. You should check out what type of scan is being done. You may also want to check out the free version of Malwarebytes.org. Several Loungers use it and have said good things about it.

Joe
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='781922' date='26-Jun-2009 10:30']You may also want to check out the free version of Malwarebytes.org. Several Loungers use it and have said good things about it.[/quote]
    Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware is probably the best out there at this time. I have had very good results finding miscreants on client's machines which were allegedly protected by both an antivirus application and an antispyware application but obviously didn't find the infections which were causing problems. Current version of Malwarebytes is 1.38.
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Pilgrim' post='781946' date='26-Jun-2009 17:23'] Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware is probably the best out there at this time. I have had very good results finding miscreants on client's machines which were allegedly protected by both an antivirus application and an antispyware application but obviously didn't find the infections which were causing problems. Current version of Malwarebytes is 1.38.[/quote]

Hi Pilgrim
    Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded the free version and ran it and it concurred with my current PCGuard. Nothing found.

Is the free version good enough or does one need the Professional ver.

Regards

Braddy