3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been asked to uninstall Pagemaker 7 from a few machines but when I remoted in on the first two I could not find a control panel add remove entry for PM 7. I found PM 7 folders and menu items but wonder if it might have been installed as part of a suite.

Can anyone confirm that buried in some other Adobe product there is the option to uninstall Adobe Pagemaker 7?

Thanks,

Jester
    I know enough to know I don't know enough

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='dgpile' post='782158' date='28-Jun-2009 09:12']I have been asked to uninstall Pagemaker 7 from a few machines but when I remoted in on the first two I could not find a control panel add remove entry for PM 7. I found PM 7 folders and menu items but wonder if it might have been installed as part of a suite.

Can anyone confirm that buried in some other Adobe product there is the option to uninstall Adobe Pagemaker 7?[/quote]

I always thought PM was a separate application but I haven't checked Adobe's site in a while.

You could try a tool such as Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems to see if it can help.

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='782245' date='28-Jun-2009 21:56']I always thought PM was a separate application but I haven't checked Adobe's site in a while.

You could try a tool such as Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems to see if it can help.

Joe[/quote]Thanks for the suggestion. I am still hoping I just missed a menu option for uninstall, etc. If I had the time I'd try to reinstall version 7 on one machine to see if I then had the option to uninstall. Maybe I'll provide a review of the Revo Uninstaller.

Jester

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='dgpile' post='782304' date='29-Jun-2009 10:12']Thanks for the suggestion. I am still hoping I just missed a menu option for uninstall, etc. If I had the time I'd try to reinstall version 7 on one machine to see if I then had the option to uninstall. Maybe I'll provide a review of the Revo Uninstaller.

Jester[/quote]

What I did to uninstall PageMaker 7 where there was no Control Panel, Add Remove entry was run the company install script and install the product on top of itself. That created the missing Add Remove option in Control Panel and the uninstall then completed normally.

Jester

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='dgpile' post='782478' date='30-Jun-2009 13:17']What I did to uninstall PageMaker 7 where there was no Control Panel, Add Remove entry was run the company install script and install the product on top of itself. That created the missing Add Remove option in Control Panel and the uninstall then completed normally.[/quote]

Glad you got it worked out. Thanks for posting back.

Joe
    Joe