3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I always understood that Voting Buttons are meant to work internally, but after searching the Internet and Microsoft's website, it seems that Voting Buttons can work externally provided . . .
    a) the recipients' Mail Servers don't strip the TNEF/RTF content
    b) the recipient is in your Address Book AND is set-up with "send using Outlook Rich Text Format"

Is it true that both of these conditions still need to be met with Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2007? ie, if both the Sender and External Recipient are using Exchange 2007 and both are using Outlook 2007, is it likely that the Voting Buttons will work?

Do you *need* to have every recipient in your address book (most people just rely on AutoComplete to remember addresses rather than creating new Contacts). If you do need each recipient in your Address Book, do you still need to select "send using Outlook Rich Text Format" for each and every recipient you're inviting to Vote?

Also, is is standard practice for Mail Servers to strip TNEF/RTF? Is this a default configuration in Exchange 2007? Or is it something most AntiVirus or AntiSpam programs strip, etc?

Thanks for any guidance anyone can provide.

Thanks
    [quote name='farscape_fan' post='782227' date='28-Jun-2009 16:37']Do you *need* to have every recipient in your address book (most people just rely on AutoComplete to remember addresses rather than creating new Contacts). If you do need each recipient in your Address Book, do you still need to select "send using Outlook Rich Text Format" for each and every recipient you're inviting to Vote?[/quote]
    I haven't tested this, but if you choose RTF as the message format, I don't see why Outlook would change the format for different recipients, unless the contact was migrated from an old version of Outlook and was set to plain text only.

I believe Exchange Server can be configured to convert all outgoing RTF format messages to HTML, so you would need to consider whether that might thwart your plan from either your end or the responder's end.