Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Our company is currently in the process of upgrading from OfficeXP to Office 2007 and converting our microsoft office templates to .NET.

In VB6.0 & VBA, when debugging code I have two windows open, one window is the Word document, the second window contains the code and as I step thru the code I can observe the actions being performed in the Word document window.

When debugging in .NET - when I split my window views, Word document in one window, code in the other window. As I debug the Word window is blank and does not refresh the view, or display actions performed. it makes debugging difficult.

My question is:
    is there anyway I can display actions occuriing in my Word window (or when Im coding in another microsoft application)?
    Do you know why this would occur?
    Is it a technical limiation of .net?

Many thanks

diana

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Our company is currently in the process of upgrading from OfficeXP to Office 2007 and converting our microsoft office templates to .NET.

In VB6.0 & VBA, when debugging code I have two windows open, one window is the Word document, the second window contains the code and as I step thru the code I can observe the actions being performed in the Word document window.

When debugging in .NET - when I split my window views, Word document in one window, code in the other window. As I debug the Word window is blank and does not refresh the view, or display actions performed. it makes debugging difficult.

My question is:
    is there anyway I can display actions occuriing in my Word window (or when Im coding in another microsoft application)?
    Do you know why this would occur?
    Is it a technical limiation of .net?

Many thanks

diana

Did you every receive and answer? This is certainly "normal" behavior for .Net when stepping through code in a .Net application, so I would not be surprised to see the same thing when working with an Office application as well.
    Charlotte

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    thanks Charolette

no I didnt get a reply.

yes I learnt the hard way that this is standard behaviour in .NEt

Many thanks again Charolette

diana