Thread: Shared Calendar

Judy Archie

Shared Calendar

[img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]I am using Microsoft Outlook 2000 and have been sharing my boss/s calendar for the past 6 months. About 2 weeks ago, his calcendar sent me a message stating I would not be receiving any more updates and guess what, I never. I went back into his calendar, removed myself and reset everything. I then reshared his calendar with me as editor like I previously had been. His calendar sent me the acceptance information and I accepted it. The message came on that at it would take some time to receive the updates, etc, and I stated OK. Well, the updates I received came by way of an email with all of the calendar information as attachments. When I open up one of the attachments, it just states this email has not been sent. These updates do not go onto his calendar, but just sit there as an email.

We have tried eliminating me and redoing it, but so far nothing has worked. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a setting I am not doing right. All the other calendars I share, work just fine.

Judy

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Shared Calendar

end the share on your end, then on his. then retry. don't open the messages, let outlook process them automatically (might take a few minutes)

finally, netfolders are buggy, in case you didn't know [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Judy Archie

MaryJ, what do you mean by "netfolders are buggy"?

Judy

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

they stop working for no apparent reason, usually by unsharing themsleves but other times they never let you know. The problem is, there is no other good way to share data without exchnage server. A few websites can do it, but it's a hassle and updating needs scheduled.

Judy Archie

FYI, I did what you had suggested. I received his calendar and accepted it, however after 24hours, I still have not received any updates...Any other suggestions.

Judy

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

i'll have to check for startup switches to clear out his box. I thought there is one for netfolders like there is for cleaning up goofy reminders.